Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nas Reveals Lost Tapes Volume 2


Rapper Nas (Nasir Jones) has posted a message via his Twitter account that has many of his fans rejoicing.


"It's coming...LOST TAPES VOLUME TWO!!!" tweeted the Queens, New York native yesterday.

MTV announced on Wednesday that word from Nas' camp places the release date on December 14th. Nas told MTV that he will be giving the streets lots of new music to listen to over the coming months leading up to
the release.
"I'm unloading records I want the streets to hear," Nas said in an email. "Cleaning out my hard drives. Gonna do this, then start fresh. I'm dropping my solo LP before the summer of 2011. I love the energy the world has been giving me over the last two years. But now it's time to focus on owning the streets again."

Nas and DJ Green Lantern released a project called the Last Real N---a Alive Pt. 2 using vocals Nas recorded when he was making his last album, Untitled.

Nas has also been in the studio recently recording with the RZA of Wu Tang Clan fame. "Escobar is one of the best MCs to ever bless the mic," RZA said of Nas on the VMA white carpet on Sunday. "We're still trying to figure our schedule out. We both got a lot of big life ahead of us. But we're getting in. We're gonna make that classic."

No comments:

Post a Comment